Book Your Dream Windsurfing Holiday Retreat.
For windsurf instruction & clinics, accommodation and rentals contact: http://www.shawnacropas.com/contact-me/
For Aloha Windsurfing Clinics with Shawna Cropas: http://www.shawnacropas.com/alohawindsurfingclinics/
No matter where you are in life- single, partners, kids- a windsurfing holiday can be fun for all.
Single– What better way to meet like minded windsurfers and make new friends than on a clinic, after all it is much more fun to sail with friends- otherwise who is going to give you the big high 5 when you nail that new move you’ve been working on for ages.
Partner– Windsurfing duos or not Maui has lots to offer. Clinics cater for varied abilities and non windsurfing partners can enjoy all the other delights of a vacation on Maui. Nothing is far away on the island.
Families – Maui is not only the Mecca of windsurfing it’s also the most all time family friendly windsurfing holiday destination. You can really ‘be’ on holiday and enjoy all that the Hawaiian islands offer you on a platter from windsurfing, surfing, SUP, snorkeling, whale watching, volcano hikes, bike riding or just enjoying the sun and the beaches that most people will only dream about. Imagine how stoked your kids will be to have turtles pop their heads up to say Aloha!
Why Maui for Families?
1. A warm safe location for water sports and wind.
2. Accommodation on the beach where partners can watch each other sail to easily tag team and close to home for food and naps so the whole family is included. The water equivalent of ski in and ski out.
3. Food and provision shopping in easy walking distance or a very short drive.
4. Kids clubs and beginner area with lessons.
5. Different water conditions to suit an array of windsurfing levels.
6. Tons of activities to do outside of windsurfing.
7. Length of transfer from airport to accommodation
“One of my guests flying full speed into a Hawaiian Dream!”
“We can work on down the line wave riding on the outside or some flat water jibes on the inside of the reef!”
1. Maui is the picture perfect postcard for warmth, sun, turquoise water, trade winds and a pretty safe hawaiian island culture.
2. There are plenty of rentals found all along the north shore which offer sailing right out the back door with views looking over the expanse of the north shore where whales breach and turtles lounge. Here you can watch your partner sail, kids play on the beach in the safety of a private home where lunch is made and nap time doesn’t mean everyone needs to leave the beach. Hiring equipment from local shops can be picked up in just a five minute drive away and then left rigged on the lawn for the span of your vacation.
3. Food shopping is within a seven minute drive from your accommodation on the beach to the historic town of Paia where you’ll find Mana Foods full of local and organic produce. Kahului is only a five minute drive where you can hit Costco for bulk shopping american style right next to Kmart for whatever extra kids needs you might require such as diapers, sunscreen or even masks and snorkels.
4. There are kids clubs going on at Kanaha a few minutes drive away but you can always hire an instructor to come to your door and teach the whole family. Most rental locations offer beginner gear and the light morning breezes are perfect for learning to sail.
5. Right out your Camp One or Sprecks door is flat water for beginner and intermediates with winds that picks up in the afternoon for flat water intermediate level sailors and breaking further out on the reefs are manageable waves for experts or windsurfers who’d like to be introduced to wavesailing.
6. Out of all the destinations, Maui has the most activities to do outside of windsurfing from zip lines up country, volcano treks, waterfall hikes and swimming pools, whale watching tours, visits to the aquarium, bike riding, sunset strolls all in the perfect climate… There’s an endless list of things to do and when you arrive on the island, we recommend checking out the local mag- “101 Things to do on Maui”.
7. Short distance to transfer from airport to accommodation.
Vitamin Sea, Ocean Sculpted Bodies and Island Health.
You will feel fantastically toned and strong after your days in the water. Your mind will lose the frazzled feeling!
The challenges of learning new techniques and ‘energy moving practices’, makes you feel stronger and more confident.
Improving your game.
Fresh air, sun and the great outdoors.
Safe learning experience with knowledgeable locals.
2017 Aloha Windsurfing Clinic Dates:
Oct 7th -14th
Please contact Shawna: Shawna Cropas with any questions you may have.
Close-up wildlife experiences!